Welcome to the San Diego Symphony's Auditions Page.
Our 2017-18 Season has now begun, and we’re looking forward to many more wonderful concerts this season including Mahler's Symphony No. 1 and Mozart's Requiem. Several guest conductors, including Edo de Waart, Markus Stenz, Rafael Payare and Jeffrey Kahane, will be leading the orchestra in concerts as well. Thank you for considering an audition for our orchestra.
No auditions are announced at this time.
How to Apply for Any Current Audition
Click here to apply for any current (non-sub) audition ›
For inquiries regarding the audition process, please email:
(Note: audition applications are only accepted through the online form. Application must be submitted no later than 30 days before audition begins. Please do not mail any applications.)
All auditions take place at the Joan and Irwin Jacobs Music Center in downtown San Diego (750 B Street, 92101, NE corner of Seventh and B). Prelims will be scheduled by the hour. A deposit is required to reserve an audition time. (The amount will be indicated in your confirmation letter.)
Below are two sources when looking for public domain sheet music:
The current San Diego Symphony Orchestra CBA states the following:
- Contract: 37 playing weeks plus 5 vacation weeks.
- Minimum scale is $70,040 plus $2,000 EMG (Electronic Media Guarantee).
- Overscale for Principals: 33.5%.
- Overscale for Associate Principals: 20%.
- Benefits include: medical and dental insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, instrument insurance and a pension plan contribution.
- Season includes: Masterworks classical, pops, education and outreach and grand operas.